Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas!

We had Christmas Eve at my parent's house this year. I couldn't sleep very well Christmas Eve. I was really excited to Sarah to open her presents, and for Isaac to open his. Sarah didn't wake up until 8, so I just kind of tried to sleep from 6 on. When I was changing Sarah's diaper in the morning, before we went upstairs I said, "Sarah, are you excited to open presents from Santa?" She got all excited and shook, with a huge grin on her face. I have no idea if she actually understood me, but as soon as I let her go, she ran upstairs and went straight for the presents under the tree and carried one to me. It was pretty dang cute! We had a great Christmas! Sarah was SPOILED! Isaac big present was a huge kite that can pull him on a snowboard. He was very excited about that. I got a circle cutter, pressure cooker, and a bunch of craft stuff. We also got a new video camera, it is a Kodak 718. It's been fun!

This is the first thing she did, grabbed a present under the tree

Opening her first present

Opening one of my presents
Ben, April, and Tony joined us. (Did I mention that April is going to be my sister-in-law? I know, not yet, but I am very excited about this!)

She LOVES that tinkerbell chair!

This ball popper was a big hit, with everyone!

Felt Mr. Potato Head Mom made for Sarah
Sarah's big final present! a pop up play hut with balls and tunnels!

This was a really cool picture my Dad mentioned to Isaac that he really really liked (It was hanging in the Men's bathroom in one of the buildings they were working in.) Anyway, they tried to look up the artist online, but couldn't find the particular picture, so he pretty much gave up on that. But, Isaac e-mailed the photographer and was directed to where he could get it. He figured it would be a perfect gift for him, so he told my Mom about it, and she got it for him. It is BEAUTIFUL! I can see why my Dad liked it so much. Huge success!

Later that day we were able to spend some time with Isaac's family, and that's always a good time. Sometimes I just forget my camera though. Blah!

2 comments:

Jess said...

She is so cute opening all her presents! And I love that picture! It's beautiful! I couldn't wait for Elena to wake up either. Ad soon as I heard the first peep out of her in the morning I jumped up and got her. Lol

Charisse said...

What a fun Christmas! And you made her the potato head!? I LOVE it! That's on my 'someday' list of things to make!