Monday, September 1, 2008

40 weeks and 3 days.



Here I am at 40 weeks and 3 days. "Baby come out, you can blame it all on me, I was wrong, and I just can't live without you." Isaac and I always sing that song so the baby knows she can come out now. My last appointment was last Monday, and I was at 3 centimeters and almost all the way effaced. He stripped my membranes and he said, "You probably won't see me for our next appointment, but let's schedule one anyway." Well, my next appointment is tomorrow, so it looks like I will see him. Oh well. He said he would induce me a week after my due date, so that would be this Friday, but I'm hoping I'm far enough dilated tomorrow that he'll just keep me. I won't get my hopes up though. I have been having a lot of pains, and contractions, but they don't continue so I haven't gone in. Anyway, that is the update with me, hopefully this week we will have a baby! Weird, I'm going to be a mom, and I will have a baby, and my husband will be a dad, and have a baby. AHH!!!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

You look super cute, but I am SO SORRY you are overdue!! I can't even imagine. You are going to be the best Mom and I am so excited for you! The nursery is darling. I will sing baby come out for you too. . . Maybe that will help. . .

April said...

Hey, your baby room looks really cute! So I guess you have decided on Sarah, right? At least it looks like it on the wall. Floyd is so cute in that picture! Do you have work off this week? I'm so excited for you to have your baby. I was thinking about it today (when we were texting about it), and it sort of made me feel like I was going to cry. I can't believe it either that you are about to become a mom! It's just so crazy, especially when I think about us in 6th grade being stupid like we always were! You grew up on me Blinky! Why?? Why?!! I love you, you will be great!

Des said...

oh Julia I am so SORRY! Darn it. I totally know how it feels to go over. Kort was 4 days late at I was so disappointed!! I keep checking my phone for messages but I guess no baby, no messages. Just wishing you a happy eventful labor and delivery. I am thinking about you constantly. Good luck!!

LOVE her nursery!! I can't wait to see her in it. You too right?

Love, Des

The Littlefields said...

I've been wondering about you! I'm glad that you're on your way to having that baby! I bet you're ready to be done being pregnant, like every other girl. :) Keep us posted!!! I'm so excited for you to be a Mom! You're going to be great.
Your baby room looks so cute. Good job and Good luck!

James and Audra said...

Oh Julia, I am so sorry you are overdue. I cant wait to see pictures of your little angel. Good luck on the delivery and labor. Love Audra

Kathrin Paul said...

You are totally cute. I'm excited to see your cute baby!

Just T said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe how far you are and she hasn't come out yet! Good luck! I go in for my first appointment tomorrow. Funny eh? I can't wait to see the pictures!