Friday, September 26, 2008

Hair bows and such



So, I've been having a lot of fun making these hair bows for my little girl! I first saw them at the quilted bear. You can remove the bow/flower and switch it for another bow/flower. They are quite popular right now (I've seen them all over the place). Anyway, I decided I wanted to make some, but was unsure exactly how to do it. I knew you had to take out the middle of the flower and put a jewel of some sort in the middle ( at least that's what the ones I've see have). Anyway, I didn't know how to keep the flower together once I took the middle out. My friend, Lori Sheets enlightened me though and told me I needed a brad to keep them together! So here are what I've been working on. You've already seen some of them in Sarah's weekly pictures, but that's ok. Also, Some of them are a little larger. I'm not sure what I think. That is why I want to ask all y' alls opinion. I think Isaac thinks they are a little rediculous. Is this flower just too much? Please be honest, because I am totally on the fence on the huge ones. Here is Sarah with one of the huge ones on.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Good job Blinky! They look super cute! I think the largest size is a little big for a newborn, but it could look great on her when she's a toddler. I think I like the size of the purple flower, but it's hard to tell when it's not on. Isn't it great to be able to make them on your own?!

Linds said...

way to be crafty! those are really cute bows... and I love the ones that she's worn in her weekly pictures... I think the one in this picture though is too big for her

jerbonashfoy said...

They look really cute! But I would save the bigger ones for when she chunks out a little bit for right now they take over her whole head, but once she getts a little chubbyer in the cheeks they will be adorible on her.

April said...

Ha ha! You should keep the big ones on so when she gets older and sees pictures of herself wearing them you guys will laugh a lot!! Anyway, yeah it looks big on her head, but it's funny so I like it! Good job Julia at being such a cute, crafty mom! I wish I had a baby too so we could make them together... but I guess I could put some on Rosie and she would probably like that. Anyway, cute idea! I love you!

Rachael said...

I love it!! I think they are too cute!! Yeah I think the one she is wearing is a little big for her head, it would take her an extra fews months to be able to lift her head if she wears it all the time. You did GREAT though maybe I should take lessons from you, and you can teach me how to make them.

Nielsen Familia said...

haha! That's true Sparkles, I might impede her neck muscle development. Actually, it might help her... the extra weight would make her STRONGER! Thanks for the idea.

Nielsen Familia said...

Oh yes, and Firefly, I like the purple one too, I think it's the largest one I'd feel comfortable letting her wear in public. (She begs me to let her wear the huge ones).

Neff Family said...

Girls are the best! I love the bows, you're so creative! I mostly just let my little sister buy them for us...I'm not nearly as talented. I don't even know where the "on" switch is on my sewing machine! Haha, kidding. Sort of.

Angelina said...

I think little girls look so incredibly cute wearing those flowers. That's great that you can make them on your own. I prefer the smaller flowers while her head is still small. That big flower reminds me of an umbrella. Maybe you can use it a rainstorm. :) They're all cute.

Unknown said...

Im very impressed. I have thought about making my own but i havn't gotten around to it. I think the big one is a little much for right now. It will look great when she gets a bit bigger. And for Issacc thinking tis a bit much well he's a guy. They don't care much about flowers and bows.