Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Idaho Bird Observatory




Last week Sarah and I went to Idaho. We missed Isaac, but we went out because my sister won't be able to come see Sarah for a while. We did a lot of fun things. We carved pumpkins and we went to the Idaho bird observatory. They catch wild birds to determine migratory patterns, and the health of the birds. The kids got to release the birds, and my Dad got to release a hawk! It was a Cooper's hawk, and it had just eaten and I got to feel the huge bulge in it's neck. Fun huh?

2 comments:

Tim and Angie said...

Wow, that looks lot a lot of fun. We'll have to look into going sometime. It looks like Amy's kids went too. Fun family outing.

April said...

I didn't know you went to Idaho! That's a cute picture of you and Sarah at the top. WE haven't hung out in a long time, I guess that's why I didn't even know you left!