Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Patch! and Halloween Traditions

We went to a pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins this year! It was so much fun! It was in South Jordan, and we went with Isaac's family! Desiray does it every year with her kids, and I thought it was a great tradition that I would also like to do every year! We ate chili together before, and Afterwards, we went back to Brooke & Ralph's house to have Caramel apples. I burned the caramel, but it was still yummy! I'm sure Sarah will appreciate this tradition more in a year or two, since she slept the whole time on this outing, but still, I loved it!
There are a few other things I like to make sure and do every year for Halloween time. I have to make sure we carve pumpkins at least once, most the time I do it two times, but this year it will be three times! I just love carving pumpkins!
Also, roasting the pumpkin seeds with the Despain family recipe is an absolute MUST! I look forward to them all year long!Going to a corn maze or haunted house is also something I like to do every year, I don't know if it's going to happen this year, we'll see!

I went to Witches night out with my friend Jenica last year, and that is something I would like to make a tradition, but it's tonight, and Isaac is going to be with friends, so he can't watch Sarah, so that probably won't happen, but maybe next year!

I also have to make sure and watch Hocus Pocus every year! We did that Monday with some friends. I love that movie! It has such a great, fun, Halloween feeling to it!

I have to make sure and write down all the things I would like to do before the season is over, because if I don't, the holiday will be here before I know it, and I haven't done anything. I do this for Halloween and Christmas, because they are my favorite holidays! Anyway, have a good day, OK?
...coming up Sarah's blessing day pictures!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love all the pumpkin patch pictures and stories I have been reading. I haven't ever heard of one being around here. Perhaps I need to dig a little deeper to look into it. They look so much fun!! Sarah is growing so fast and I love her sweater in the last "weekly" picture!

April said...

That's a cute picture of you and Isaac and Sarah. Hey, Isaac is growing a beard! I love Hocus Pocus too, and I can't stand to let Halloween go by without watching it. I also feel that way about The Nightmare Before Christmas, it's just so Halloweeny that you can't skip it. Maybe we could get together this week and watch that and order pizza or something. Could you on Wednesday maybe?

Tara said...

This weekend I was just thinking about how good your dad receipe is for cooking pumpkin seeds. I dont' think I have yet to have any others that even compare!!

I also love the pumpkin patch pictures!!

And Hocus Pocus? It's one of my favorite Halloween movies. Every time I go to rent it, it's checked out :(