Monday, April 13, 2009

Conference

I know this post is just a little bit late, but I loved General Conference this session. I feel like I got so much out of it. I thought it was so motivating. It wasn't like in sessions past where I just felt guilty that I wasn't doing everything perfectly. It was like I was EXCITED to make some positive changes. In particular, here are some of the goals we made the FHE after conference

-Hold more regularly, planned family home evenings
-attend the temple at least once a month
-keep the house cleaner
-pray together more regularly

Even though it has only been a week, I can already see some positive changes. We are definitely happier, slower to anger, and more loving. It's true!!! Don't you just love the gospel?

4 comments:

April said...

Yes, I do love the Gospel! Good job to you and Isaac! I think I must be worse than you because I felt kind of guilty this conference.... just kidding.... but no, really, actually I did. Well during certain talks, I was like, "I think they're talking about me! I'm going to hell!"

The Finlinsons said...

I love the gospel as well! It really is amazing and I loved hearing what you got from it. It helped to remind me to look at all my notes again from conference.

Des said...

It was a good conference. Family night was also a big thing I took from it. It is a really nice "refresher" probably because it is hard to get things out of weekly church due to my precious kiddos.

Rachel said...

Yes, I love conference as well! Spiritual uplifting is always a good thing. I'm just glad I had a few epiphanies the week BEFORE conference so while I was watching I didn't feel guilty, it just reaffirmed my desire to change those things that needed changing!